Here’s how it works:
Visit one of our participating photographer’s websites to enter your baby for a cover test shoot. Each photographer has different dates established and will be filling those spots until full (limited spots available). Each baby’s photo will be submitted by the photographer to our magazine by August 15th, 2017 for voting to begin on our website from August 20th-September 15th ***upto 11:59pm est on the 15th***.
- The 100 top voted babies as of September 15th midnight will have their image included in an editorial for Beauty & Lifestyle Mommy Magazine holiday volume. All 100 will also be entered into a drawing for a $200 Amazon gift card and $50 Starbucks gift card.
- The top 50 babies as of September 15th will be entered into a drawing to be featured on the 2nd cover (back cover) of Beauty & Lifestyle Mommy Magazine and the drawing winner will receive a designer diaper bag full of goodies.
- 25 of our “Cutest baby” contestants with the highest number of votes will move on to our Semifinals and Finals rounds September 16th-19th ***beginning at 12pm ofn the 16th and ending at 11:59pm on the 19th***. The 1st place winner will be announced on September 20th at 8pm est on our Facebook page and website. The winning baby will be featured on the cover of Beauty & Lifestyle Mommy magazine holiday edition and will win the grand prize, $500 Amazon gift card and $100 Starbucks gift card.
The spirit of the contest is to celebrate the lives of new little ones who were born in the last 24 months and for fun! No drama will be tolerated by the sponsor of this contest and its participants. Any attempt by an entrant, participant or anyone else to deliberately slander or blast the sponsor, photographers, or magazine or to deliberately slander or gossip about another participant or baby image, will be removed from the contest. After all, this is for fun and should be fun, let's all play nice. We as the sponsor and magazine reserve the right to remove an image, contestant, or participant from the contest for any reason deemed necessary but if we all play nicely together, there won't be a reason. After all, we are all mothers and fathers and can support each other in a fun contest.
VOTING RULES: Only one vote Once a Day (Every new day) (for each Photo) (1 day). Any violations of the rules will be a clause for disqualification or other content changes to be determined by blmommy.com.com The winner(s) of the cutest baby contest, in its various stages, will be determined by blmommy.com at our sole discretion. *blmommy.com reserves the right to change these rules at any given time. Should the grand prize winner be unable to attend the cover photo shoot date/time determined by the photographer, the grand prize winning package will be forfeit to the runner-up.
These are the layers of vote protection
- IP address check
IP address check An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label assigned to each device (e.g., computer, iphone, internet router) participating in a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication. Every single IP address can be used only once for one vote.
Cookies HTTP cookies is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing. So after the vote is sent small information is sent to the browser, that vote was successfully counted and is not possible vote from the same browser again.
VOTING TROUBLE SHOOTING
Why does it say I've already voted?
- If you vote on your laptop via a browser that is attached to an email like google chrome or bing and then go on your phone or tablet and try to vote again using the same linked browser, the cookies and IP address check is going to catch the attempt at "double voting" and will bring up a "thank you for voting" window even though you didn't vote on that device firstly.
- If you open the contest and click on the image to enlarge or heart the image it counts as a vote
- If you're using the same browser and multiple devices
- You have not waited for the Only one vote Once a Day (Every new day) (for each Photo) (1 day)
The most common troubleshooting steps are as follows:
- Try clearing the cache and cookies in the browser
- Try a different web browser entirely
- Temporarily disable any anti-virus, firewall, anti-tracking software, cookie blockers, pop-up blockers, or other such software on your computer.
- Try again on a completely different computer to ensure there is no OS issue
- Try a computer on a different network, i.e. bringing your laptop to a different business, home, or public WIFI hotspot.
- Make sure you are on a Desktop device, as many phones and tablets have issues with files or displaying HTML properly. This includes many versions of iOS and Android.
If a user still has issues voting, there are a few more things to try:
- Make sure that the user is actually clicking on the VOTE button within the offer to vote for a photo, and not simply clicking the “Like” button for the photo submission.
- Make sure the user has not already voted on the specific photo. If a vote has already been cast by that User or that IP Address, the VOTE button will show up as a green box with "thank you for your vote", and they won’t be able to vote for that individual photo again until 1 a day (every new day) is applied.
- If the user is not seeing the dialog popup at all, make sure they don’t have some sort of browser settings that would be blocking third-party apps/cookies.
For questions not related to the above please email hello (@) blmommy.com
GENERAL CONDITIONS / RELEASE: By participating, Entrants release Promotion Entities, their respective directors, officers, agents and employees from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by their participation, including the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize; and (b) acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact, or in law, relative to a prize including, but not limited to the prize quality or availability except for Sponsor and the limited warranty provided with the Prize. Neither Promotion Entities nor any service providers are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data or voice transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access online voting, voting erros, voting system malfunctions, any online service or Website or to complete a telephone call or facsimile transaction, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost or misdirected mail, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this promotional contest.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, TAMPER WITH THE VOTING PROCESS, OR INSTANT WIN GAME, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures or any other causes which in the opinion of Administrator and/or Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect Entry or Entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at blmommy.com/contests. The Prize winner will be made, from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the termination, cancellation or suspension, as Administrator determines in its sole discretion. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures or any other causes which in the opinion of Administrator and/or Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect Entry or Entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at blmommy.com/contests. The Prize winner will be made, from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the termination, cancellation or suspension, as Administrator determines in its sole discretion. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification.
GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION/DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Duval County of Florida or the appropriate Florida State Court located in Jacksonville, Florida; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to, claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of Florida.